Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blind horse running!

Er... actually, this is rolling. This is running:
Back the other way:Notice I'm on the OTHER SIDE of the fence from Twister the One-Eyed Wonder Horse. Not that I don't trust him, but he weighs about 1200 lbs and IS almost completely blind. He knows exactly where the fences are, but I tend to be a random variable in the paddock. A loud random variable when he starts doing this while I'm in there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his ears.

Back the other way again:

And then I asked him to rear for me, which he obediently did. Anybody watching would have thought he'd been trained to do it. Beautiful, isn't he?You can see why I have trouble keeping the bandages on. He's a little hard on them.

All done. More than enough exercise for an old blind horse for one day. He looks a little motheaten because he's losing his winter coat.

Gimme a treat! It was getting dark, so his pupil was dilating, and you can see the cataract in his one remaining eye pretty well.

1 comment:

Mr Farty said...

He looks quite frisky for an old geezer! You must be looking after him well.