Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tradition

Well, we got our Christmas tree today. We brought it home on my car, and I just thought this was a funny juxtaposition: A Christmas tree on a car with a Darwinfish, Invisible Pink Unicorn, and this bumpersticker: Note that the COEXIST magnet has NASA images rather than the usual religious symbols. I just didn't want all those religious symbols on my car.
From the side:Enlarged side view:Gee. Those water spots really show up. You can tell I'm not very fastidious about my car. Or about much of anything, really (anybody who knows me is nodding right now).

3 comments:

Kia said...

You aren't supposed to pamper a Ford Taurus. The Ford Taurus company car I drive has 226,000+ miles on it and still going strong. It has carried all kinds of field gear and samples. It has been driven in mud and been through rain, sleet and snow (including my work day today. As far as I know, it never has had a Christmas tree strapped to the top, though.

Hairslave 24/7 said...

Fastidious! Did you day fastidious?? Has that word ever been used in the same sentence as you???

Laurie said...

Kia - Mine only has 96,000 miles on it, but I've used it to regularly tow a 1200 lb horse in a 1300 lb. trailer (right at the maximum towing capacity, assuming Twister isn't too fat), so the suspension and transmission are shot.

And it hasn't ever been the same since one of the kids ran it into a curb really hard and bent the axle, so I had to have it and the steering column cut apart and re-welded. Of course nobody would cop to it...

It might have been the time when Bill's daughter hit the gas instead of the brake, kicked it into overdrive, and we went accelerating through the Jiffy Lube parking lot at 45 mph plus, much to the surprise of the Jiffy Lube employees and all their customers. I don't remember hitting anything, but we were both a little in shock when she finally slammed the brake on just as we were about to hit a tree. It does have very good brakes.

David - I think it is appropriate to use fastidious with regard to me as long as the words not very are also in there immediately beforehand. I used it correctly.