Friday, January 16, 2009

Celebrations

This is a photo from this past Christmas. Note the influence from my side of the family. For you American(s), Christmas crackers have been a British tradition since they were invented in 1847. Inside you find a paper hat or crown, a prize and a joke. Bill found these at Costco. Apparently you can get anything at Costco. Its sort of like the warehouse store version of Harrods.

The other influence would be the quote on William's sweatshirt: Apathetic Agnostic; Don't know, Don't careBill and Brad Pit. I mean Buddha. Easy mistake.
Each year, David and Pete give me a fishy ornament. This year they gave me a bassoon instead!! It looks just like mine.
Pete cooking brunch.

David and Pete are finally tying the knot on Sunday - their 16th anniversary. They actually got married a couple of weeks before bigots and other mor(m)ons voted in Proposition 8. This is the ceremony that counts, though.

Here's a link in case you haven't seen Prop 8 - The Musical.

6 comments:

Hairslave 24/7 said...

I find it suspicious that the only thing in the picture in focus IS William's t-shirt. HMMM...

Laurie said...

You're just jealous because the picture makes you look bald :-p

Anonymous said...

Sorry, this is nothing to do with the pictures but what are mojitos?

(I went to a Christmas meal this year where the crackers all contained broken compasses. The pointers weren't magnetised. It's probably lucky that only an idiot would go into the wilds with only a Christmas cracker conpass.)

Barry Leiba said...

Oy, Heather, you've been living on the wrong planet for a while, lass.

A mojito is an alcoholic drink made from rum, sugar, lime, and mint. They're niiice.

See the Wikipedia entry for more.

Laurie said...

Heather - these had some pretty good prizes like a shoehorn (the kids didn't know what it was - I feel old), a little leather purse, a corkscrew, a lipstick case and, I do believe, a compass. I don't know who got it or if it works, though.

Barry - I still prefer LITs, although the zombies being served (by my son) at my ex-husband's wedding on Sunday were pretty darn good. I think William was floating a little extra 151 on mine. Mainly because I was insisting.....

Anonymous said...

I object to you saying "the kids" didn't know what a shoe horn was. I did.