The reason I changed the name on this blog from Aquatic Ecologist, Bright, Atheist, so many labels.. to Chimaera Contemplations was because I wanted to indicate that it is about a variety of subjects, and my friend Kia had already taken the name that says it all. That and the old name was just to darn long.
I was tagged by Mr Farty with this meme. Well, he tagged somebody named 'you' so I'm considering it to mean 'me.' And it is easier to do than the other post I am working on about the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.
2. Each player answers the rules about him or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read his [or her] blog.
NOTE: I don't know why the numbers are showing up as cutesy little flowers when I post this. They are numbers in edit mode. Woo Hoo! I figured it out. The creator of this template, Todd Dominey, liked cutesy flowers instead of numbers for some reason.
What I was doing ten years ago:
Er...I was living in David and Pete's (yes, my ex-husband and his life partner) remodeled garage while I was getting my MBA the University of California, Davis Graduate School of Management. It is a very nice garage with its own bathroom.
About six months earlier, I was living in my parent's basement while I was getting my M.S. degree at Purdue University. A very nice basement it is, too.
Five things on my To-Do list today:
- Not much. Did it all yesterday. Went to gym, rented a truck, played in band concert, potted plants, etc.
- Working on the post about the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta (note #2 on my bad habits, though)
- Cleaning Twister's paddock, and bandaging his legs if needed.
- Maybe going to see my friend M's (I have three friends M), new baby goats.
- Sitting around reading other people's blogs. Maybe trying to figure out how to do a "behind the fold" on my blog. I've found two different ways so far, and neither work the way I want them to.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Not likely to happen, so why bother thinking about it? Millionaire, maybe....:-p
Three of my bad habits:
- I don't do housework. Ever. Or at least until I can't see the floor. Then I make a path.
- I tend to get a little obsessive about things. For instance, I'll read constantly for months and then switch to crossword puzzles for months. According to my family my current obsession is blogging. I never get obsessive about housework, funnily enough.
- Crowborough, England
- Earlville, New York
- Lake Jackson, Texas
- Benicia, California
- Indianapolis area, Indiana
Five jobs I’ve had:
- Weekend greenhouse waterer - keeping experimental plants alive at Dow Chemical
- Receptionist at a ballroom dance studio - worked for dance lessons.
- Clerk/manager of a small parcel shipping company.
- Field biologist for a consulting firm.
- Scientist with the State of California.
Hmm...define recently...See above post regarding obsessive blogging.
- Science Friction - Michael Shermer. Currently reading, but keep getting interrupted by blogs.
- The Ancestor's Tale - Richard Dawkins. I bought it for my parents and brother, too.
- My Boyfriend is a Twat - Zoe McCarthy
- The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - Bobby Henderson.
- Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) - Jerome K. Jerome. I can read it over and over, although I probably haven't read it as often as the Tolkien trilogy (note how I sneaked my favorite books onto the list?)
Anybody who feels like it. As was evident in my last meme, musicians don't follow directions very well. Directors, yes, but not directions.
Actually, I think that most of the people who occasionally read this blog (my family) don't have blogs.