Sunday, January 11, 2009

Theme music

Bill had just spooled up Bones on the DVD player while I was in the kitchen getting something to drink. The theme music, composed and performed by The Crystal Method, was playing softly in the background, and apropos nothing, Bill commented, "Don't you miss theme songs?"

I immediately started singing:

Come and knock on our door
We've been waiting for you
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his,
Three's Company, too.

Come and dance on our floor
Take a step that is n....

At this point, Bill turned up the Bones volume and drowned me out.

3 comments:

Kia said...

It's even more fun to sing theme songs when you make up new words. Especially non-sense words to fill in when you can't think of a rhyme. The theme to "The Adams Family" 60's TV show is good for this. Tell Bill he can thank me later.

Laurie said...

I was more of a Munsters fan, and that was a theme tune. But a really good one! Bill will thank you when I wake him up humming it. Or when I
play this at top volume

Barry Leiba said...

"The Addams Family started,
When Uncle Fester farted,
They really are retarded,
The Addams Family."