Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Landover Baptist Church

Months ago, I did a search for 'atheist' on the internet, and I found this site: How to Spot Atheists and Report them to the FBI.

The Landover Baptist website (where the worthwhile worship and the unsaved are unwelcome) is way more than a little over-the-top, but I have to check it out every month or two--sort of like a train wreck. My second favourite article so far was: In a surprise move, God snuffs out Jerry Falwell after a heart healthy breakfast!

What constantly amazes me is their mailbag. Even though when sending them an e-mail, it clearly states that it is the Landover Baptist Parody Website, people STILL take them seriously, and write some pretty scary letters.

Oh, and the way things are going in this country, that "spotting atheists" thing could come true in the not too distant future... No, I don't really believe that, but before they ship us all off to concentration camps, I'm moving back to England. After all, the first President Bush believes that atheists should not be regarded as citizens, anyway. I didn't know this when I got my citizenship, or I might have had second thoughts. Goodness knows what the current President Bush thinks. My husband, unfortunately had no choice. He was born in Texas. Shhh. Don't tell the FBI.

No comments: