Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April showers... No, wait.

If April showers bring May flowers, what to April flurries bring? Ok, it doesn't look like it, but it really IS snowing in this photo.

Yep. I went skiing today, probably for the last time this year. And it snowed on me. Some of the ski resorts are already closed (no whining about ski resorts closing over a month ago from the east-coast contingent...you know who you are, Philip).

It snowed pretty heavily over Donner Pass on my way home. Note the general lack of snow on the ground in this high mountain pass. I know the Donner Party had some trouble in the area in 1846-47, but my main worry was staying on the road (BIG dropoff down to Donner Lake) and avoiding the tractor trailers while trying to take a picture of the snow out the windscreen while driving 65 mph. Yes, it really is snowing in this photo, too.

The INDEXED blog had what I thought was a humorous take on the Donner Party last Thanksgiving. I highly recommend having a look through her blog, by the way.

2 comments:

Brother Phil said...

Mneh mneh so wonderful mneh mneh skiing mneh mneh April. Neener neener.

Laurie said...

My apologies to anyone who might read these comments. My brother appears to have suffered a mild seizure, brought on, I'm sure, by jealousy.