Friday, April 4, 2008

Tower of Time

Maybe all is not lost in this country. We were listening to NPR's All Things Considered on the way home from work yesterday, and Robert Siegel was interviewing a 5th grader from Michigan who found a 27 year old mistake regarding the name of the Precambrian Era Supereon on the Tower of Time at Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History.

Listen to the interview here.

Robert Siegel is very condescending, considering this 11 year old is probably more intelligent than 90% of the people in this country. He's eleven. Not five. Here's a photo of the future of this country and a little more on the story.

Bill and I were in the Natural History Museum in January of last year, and I don't even remember the Tower of Time. I was more interested in this: I have always loved Irish Elk. Why? I don't know.

and this: I also love Triceratops(es?). Who doesn't?

No comments: